S&B recognizes and respects the privacy of the individuals whose personal information it collects, uses and otherwise processes in the course of its business.
Categories of personal information we collect:
- Identifiers. Examples include name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, IP address and other similar identifiers.
- Internet/Network information. Examples include browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information. Examples include security surveillance and thermal imaging cameras at S&B offices or jobsites.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
Sources of personal information
Personal information you provide
S&B collects personal information about individuals when provided by such individuals for purposes disclosed or otherwise known to them when they provide their information or for the wider purposes set out below. This includes, for example, providing a business card in a meeting, sending us an email which includes personal information about you, providing basic details for building security purposes when you enter S&B premises, or allowing us to photograph, film or otherwise record you when you attend an event that we host or sponsor.
Unless we explain otherwise at the time, providing personal information that we request is optional and disclosures are made voluntarily.
Automatic collection of your personal information
We collect certain information by automated means when you visit our premises or websites. In particular:
- Our websites log IP addresses, the type of operating system that the visitor’s computer uses, the type of browser software used by the visitor, and the pages accessed by the visitor.
S&B uses this data, in aggregated form, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
Collection of your personal information from third party sources
If you are involved in a business relationship with us, we may also obtain some limited information about you indirectly, for example when your colleagues give us your contact details and information about your role, or from publicly available sources such as the Internet and/or subscription-based services.
Use of your personal information
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes which are made clear to you (or which you already know) when you provide your information or for the following purposes:
- auditing consumer interactions, including measuring how users interact with the website;
- protecting the security and integrity of our premises, websites and other information technology systems (including protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity);
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- responding to and communicating with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- managing and developing our relationship with you and the organization that you represent; and
- operating, evaluating and improving our business.
Legal and compliance purposes
- protecting ourselves and our employees and business counterparties against fraud and other criminal activity, and cooperating with law enforcement and other regulatory agencies;
- exercising and defending our legal rights and legal claims made against us; and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
S&B does not trade, sell or rent personal information but may collect or provide aggregate statistics about its websites and their users to other parties who do not provide services directly to S&B.
Except in rare circumstances where S&B is required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information, S&B will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes explained to you when the information is collected or otherwise set out in this policy. S&B will not collect your personal information unless it has concluded that it has a legitimate interest in pursuing the relevant purpose. We may occasionally ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal information – for example, if we wish to use images of you in published materials relating to an event that you attended.
S&B entities may share personal information about you between themselves, and they may disclose your personal information to technology and other service providers, including professional advisors, who hold and process the information on their behalf.
S&B may also disclose your personal information if it has a good faith belief that this is necessary for the legal and compliance purposes set out above. For these purposes, we may, for example, disclose information about you to courts and litigation counterparties, insurers, the police and other competent governmental authorities.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, personal information is generally one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either S&B itself or substantially all of S&B’s assets were acquired, personal information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third-party purchaser in these circumstances.
Your data protection rights
You have a right to access the information that S&B collects about you, and related rights to require your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate, to object to our processing of your information and, in some circumstances, to require us to delete your information or restrict its processing. If you want to exercise any of these rights, or withdraw a consent that you have given to our processing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
Retention of your personal information
S&B will retain your personal information as follows (or longer if required by law), and will then promptly delete the information:
- We retain personal information in accordance with S&B's records management policies (unless we delete the information earlier at your request). You may contact S&B at email@example.com for more information on record retention periods.
Storage of your personal information
S&B uses third-party cloud storage providers to store S&B data, such as company emails, that may include your personal information. In such circumstances, these agents will not have access to your personal information other than to facilitate S&B’s storage and retrieval of that data.
Links to Other Websites
Minors Under the Age of 13
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site and its services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make a material change to this Notice, we will inform you by posting a notice on this Site. Those changes will go into effect on the effective date posted in the revised notice. The new notice will apply to all current and past users of the online application page and to all information collected before the date of the change. The new notice will replace any prior policies that are inconsistent. Please check periodically for changes to this Notice, and especially before you provide any personal information to us. If we will materially change how we use, disclose or otherwise process your personal information, we will contact you before doing so and obtain your consent before using, disclosing or otherwise processing your personal information other than as described in this Notice.
S&B Family of Companies
Attention: Legal Department - Privacy
15150 Memorial Dr.
Houston, Texas 77079